Monday, June 14, 2010

Pork Chops My Way



I love to "freezer dive" in my chest freezer because I am never 100% sure what I will find. In this case the last of our pork chops from Sam's Club. Being a very cool spring day I got creative.

3 pork chops
2 cans diced tomatoes with veggies
1 can French cut green beans - drained
1/4 cup dry red wine
1/4 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp dried Basil

Brown the pork chops in olive oil; using just enough to cover the bottom of the skillet. Add the tomatoes, green beans, wine and dried herbs. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. Mix the dumplings together and spoon the batter on top of the pork-tomato mixture.

Cover and simmer for about 10-12 minutes or until the dumplings are done.

Dumplings:
1 cup sifted flour (sift then measure)
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1/4 tsp dried thyme





I used:

2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 can of French cut breen beans

No comments:

Post a Comment