Monday, June 14, 2010

Stuffed Shells

Richard and I were grocery shopping the other day and while in the pasta aisle he started talking about how he used to make stuffed shells when he went on a boater's pot luck affair. That was all I needed to hear. We promptly picked up all the ingredients we did not have at home. A few days later I went to work, with some help from my wonderful sous chef Richard.

I cooked the shells per the instructions on the package. While they were draining and cooling I browned up some sweet Italian sausage (1 lb). When the sausage was cooked I drained off the grease and put it into a large bowl. To the sausage I added 3 cups of grated mozzarella cheese, 1 lb of ricotta cheese, 3 cloves of minced garlic and 1 can of chopped spinach which I had squeezed all the water out of. Then I stuffed the shells.



After I had all the shells stuffed I covered them with spaghetti sauce, I used two cans. I then sprinkled them with Parmesan cheese and baked them at 350 until the sauce was bubbling around the edges.



When I pulled them out the Parmesan cheese was a little golden brown in spots.



After we ate I had a lot of shells leftover so I packaged them into meal size portions and froze them for future use.



I used:

1 can of chopped spinach
2 cans of Hunts Spaghetti sauce with garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment