Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fruit Cocktail Bread



I found several recipes for Fruit Cocktail Bread on the Internet. One sounded good but bombed terribly. I actually threw out both loaves. (Not everything I make turns out perfect).So for my second effort I tried this recipe I found on Cooks.com. It got great reviews, everybody loved it.

Fruit Cocktail Bread:

1/3 cup butter whipped
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 can (17 oz) Fruit Cocktail, drained
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Dry Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in milk. Add fruit cocktail and nuts. Add dry ingredients, mixing until just moistened. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x5 loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean.



I used:
1 can of Fruit Cocktail

No comments:

Post a Comment