Sunday, July 4, 2010

Peach Crisp

Peaches are wonderful, especially ripe, fresh ones,,,,ah the many things I can make with them. However, we are dealing with canned, sliced peaches today.

Peach Cobbler or Peach and Berry Cobbler seem to be common recipes. I personally do not have any great love for cobblers. Maybe it is that I find the biscuit topping too dry or boring.

But I do love apple crisp so I decided to take my favorite apple crisp recipe and make a few changes. most obvious is replacing the apples with canned, sliced peaches.



Peach Crisp:

1 Tblsp flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cans of sliced peaches, drained
Sugar to taste

Topping:
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
dash baking soda
dash baking powder
2 Tblsp butter, melted

Grease an 8x8 baking dish and set aside. Preheat the oven to 375. In a bowl mix the peaches with the flour, cinnamon and add sugar to taste. We don't like generally sweet things.

Place peaches in prepared pan. Mix the topping together, except for butter. Once mixed well add the butter and mix until moistened. Sprinkle over the peaches. Bake for 35-40 minutes.

I used:
2 cans of sliced peaches

No comments:

Post a Comment