Sunday, July 4, 2010

Pear Crumble

So I seem to be on a canned fruit kick here. I had yet to use any pears in this little project of mine and since we had a high school classmate of Richard's coming for a few days I decided I just had to do something with some pears. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com



Pear Crumble:

2 cans pears, drained and sliced
2 tsp lemon juice

Topping:
3 Tblsp sugar
3 Tblsp oatmeal
2 Tblsp flour
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1 dash ground nutmeg
1 Tblsp cold butter (I would use a little more next time)
2 Tblsp chopped nuts.

Place pears in a greased 1 quart baking dish. I used a 9" pie pan. Sprinkle with the lemon juice. In a bowl combine the sugar, oatmeal, flour, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Add the butter and using a pastry blender or two forks work the mixture until it is crumbly. Sprinkle over pears and top with nuts.



Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.

I used:
2 cans of pear halves

1 comment:

  1. I never liked pears as a child, but I love them now! I've never had them in a crumble before, but I'm sure I'd love this!

    ReplyDelete