Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie



As I mulled over what to do with so very many cans of veggies, soups, spaghetti sauce and beverage mixers (more on that later) I remembered that I had some leftover roast chicken in the freezer. It was a cold, dampy and rainy day so I decided to make a Chicken Pot Pie. My one comment is that I thought it was a bit dry but Richard thought it was perfect. For the crust you can use a refrigerated crust or make your favorite recipe. The dish I used was a 10" pie pan.

3 Cups Chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 can sliced carrots, drained
1 can peas, drained (I actually only used 1/2 of the can)

Place the chicken in a medium sized bowl. In a skillet add the mushrooms and carrots, stir occasionally until most of the liquid has been cooked out. Mix into the chicken. Add peas, mix again and place in greased 10" pie pan.

In a saucepan melt 1/4 cup butter;mix in 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 tsp dried thyme. Mix until smooth; pour in 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth and 2 chicken boullion cubes. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then simmer for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken and vegetables in pie pan.

Place crust on top; seal and cut slits in crust for steam to escape. Bake at 450 degrees until golden.



In then end I used:
1 can of carrots
1 can of sliced mushrooms
1 can of pease and
1 can of chicken broth.

No comments:

Post a Comment