Thursday, May 13, 2010

Here We Go, Let The Adventure begin

A few months ago my other half, Richard and I took off for 8 months of sailing on our boat. Due to some well meant, but rather erroneous advice we arrived home with about 75% of our canned provisions still unused.

In addition to what we have left over from our sailing trip, we have a lot of food that we normally stock up on in case of a blizzard during the winter months. Yes, they can and do happen in our part of North Carolina. We actually had two this past winter.

So, in this blog I will post recipes and pictures of all the ways I am finding to use the food up. This does not include opening a can of vegetables and heating them up. That is just too mundane.

This picture above is only a portion of what I need to work my way through. Each of those crates holds about 32 cans, so roughly 96 cans above plus what I have in totes in another part of the house and what we have stored in our pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment