Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tuna Casserole

As a child I remember my mother making tuna casseroles for dinner. I remember them as being very dry and not very tasty. This recipe came out tasty and almost too moist. I think I'll add a little more pasta, or maybe a different type, next time. We thought it tasted better as leftovers than it did the first day.




cooked pasta or egg noodles- I used about 2 1/2 cups of macaroni
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 can of milk
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1 can peas-drained
1 can sliced mushrooms-drained
2 tuna-drained and flaked
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Mix everything together, except the cheese. Spoon into an 8x8 inch pan sprayed with Pam. Smooth out and top evenly with cheese. Bake at 350 until the cheese is melted and the edges are bubbling.



I used:
2 cans of tuna
1 can of soup
1 can of peas
1 can of mushrooms

No comments:

Post a Comment