Friday, May 21, 2010

Chicken & Black Bean Quesadillas

Quesadillas,, I love them. So one afternoon I decided that since I had several multi-grain tortillas on hand and some Mexican cheese I would make some for my lunches at work for a few days.

You can use plain flour tortillas or multi-grain ones like I did
1 can chicken breast meat packed in water, drained and flaked
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 medium onion chopped finely
Ground Cumin to taste
Ground Coriander to taste
Cayenne powder to taste
2 cups Shredded Mexican Cheese

Saute the onion and chicken in a little olive oil. Cook until the onion is translucent and the chicken is heated through, stirring occasionally. Add the black beans; sprinkle with the seasonings. Spoon onto the tortillas and sprinkle with cheese. I got 4 quesadillas out of this.



Above, the cooked filling.



I made half Quesadilla since they were going to be for my lunch.



Once completed I wrapped them in foil. When I was ready for lunch at work all I had to do was unwrap them and heat them up. I had them with a side of sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment